Xin chào các em! Hôm nay dapandethi xin được chia sẻ với các em một bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn Tiếng Anh mới nhất. Của phòng giáo dục huyện Tuy An năm học 2017-2018 mới nhất hiện nay. Đây là một trong những bộ đề thi giữa học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh lớp 9 có đáp án chi tiết nhất.
Đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh 2017 – THCS Tuy An
I. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest (1pt):
1.A. pesticide B. provide C. solid D. dynamite
2.A. turned B. laughed C. disappeared D. warned.
3.A. considerateB. celebrateC. nominateD. congratulate.
4.A. workersB. holidaysC. bananasD. helmets.
5.A. supposedB. increasedC. crossedD. promised.
II. Choose the correct answer (3pts):
6. Most of earthquakes in the world__ in the Ring of Fire.
A. happen B. hit C. erupt D. occur.
7. The men and animals__ you saw on TV were from Japan.
A. that B. which C. where D. whom.
8. Mr. Brown is that people have spoiled this area.
A. disappoint B. disappointed C. to disappoint D. disappointing.
9. She is looked forward to his first pay packet.
A. receive B. have receive C. receiving D. be receiving.
10. If she__ enough money, She a new car.
A. have/ will buy B. has/will buy C. had/will buys D. has/buys.
11. The baby is crowing his father’s legs.
A. and B. among C. between D. before.
12. __ he comes in haft an hour, I shall go alone.
A. Unless B. If C. Although D. Despite.
13. Congratulations_ your first prize in the English Speaking Contest.
A. in B. at C. for D. on.
14. is now a serious problem in many countries.
A. Plant trees B. Deforestation C. Burden D. Festival.
15. I suggest that we money for the poor people in our neighborhood.
A. save B.to save C. saving D. should save.
16. “What are you looking_? – “ My picture book. I’ve lost it”
A. for B. on C. at D. in.
17. Auld Lang Syne is a song is sung on New Year’s Eve.
A. whom B. that C. which D. B&C correct.
18. Lan is very tired., she has to finish her assignment before going to bed.
A. Therefore B. So C. However D. Although.
19. Toyota cars in Japan. – It’s very beautiful.
A. will produce B. are produced C. produced D. to produce.
20.Phu Yen will have temperature 23 degree Celsius and 27 degree Celsius.
A. between B. which C. therefore D. with.
III. Choose the correct preposition to complete the following sentences (1pt):
21. Lan apologized breaking my phone.
A. to B. for C. about D. on.
22. Don’t forget to turn the TV before going to bed.
A. out B. on C. off D. up.
23. I always think_ you. I miss you very much.
A. about B. in C. by D. with.
24. It is nice you to help us with our housework,
A.to B. about C. for D. of.
25. The girl keeps asking his mother about protecting the environment.
A. in B. of C. on D. up.
IV. Identify and choose one underlined word or phrase that is incorrect (1pt):
26. I think we should taking a shower instead of a bath to save energy.
A. instead of B. to save C. think D. taking.
27. He met many friends which encouraged him in his work.
A. him B. which C. met D. his work.
28.Although my sister was tired, but she helped me with my homework.
A. but B. was C. Although D. with.
29. Mr. Hoang, thatis sits to me,is Tom’s father.
A. sits B. father C. is D. that.
30.Some people think that Godscreatevolcano eruption.
A. that B. Some people C. volcano D. create
V. Read the passage and choose the correct answer (1pts):
“… In the United States, people celebrate Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. Mother’s Day is celebrated on the second Sunday in May. Father’s Day is celebrated throughout the United States on the third Sunday in June. On this occasion, mother and father usually receive greeting cards and gifts from family members. The best gift of all for an American Mom is a day of leisure. The majority of American mothers have outside jobs as well as housework, so their working days are often hard. The working mother enjoys the traditional Mother’s Day custom of breakfast cooked by her family and served to her on a tray in bed. Later in that day, it’s also traditional for the extended family group to get together for dinner, either in a restaurant or in one of their homes …”
31. When do American people celebrate Mother’s Day?
A.the second Sunday in May. B. the third Sunday in June.
C. on March, 8th. D. the second Sunday in June.
32. Do Vietnam people celebrate Father’s Day?
A. Yes, they do. B. No, they don’t. C. Yes, it is D. No, it isn’t.
33.A day of leisure is the best gift of all for an American Mom?
A. It’s the best gift. B. Lucky money C. Yes, it is. D. Well-done.
34. What do mother and father receive on this occasion?
A. gifts B. greeting cards C. money D. A&B correct.
35. Where do the familymember have their dinner party on this occasion?
A. family group. B. restaurant or their homes C. hotel D.Stadium.
VI. Read then choose the best answer to complete the passage (1pt):
In many country nowadays, electricity, gas and water are necessities, companies which produce household goods realize that consumers want products that will not only work effectively, (36)save money.
In North America, household lighting accounts for 10% to 15% of the electricity bill.
However, this amount can be (37)_by replacing an ordinary 100-watt light bulb with an energy-saving bulb. Consumers can save US
21 per bulb.
In Europe, there is a labeling scheme for refrigerators, freezers and washing machines, the labels tell the consumers (38) energy efficiency each model has. (39)_ with other appliances in the same category. The final result is that these innovations will save money as well as conserve the Earth’s (40)_.
36.A. but also B. so C. although D. because.
37.A. result B. repaired C. replaced D. reduced.
38.A. how many B. how much C. how long D. how far.
39.A. congratulations B. kept C. compared D. thought.
40.A.energy B. natural C. resources D. exchange.
VI. Use the word given in brackets to combine each pair of sentences into one (2pts):
41. Tet is a festival. Tet occurs in late January or early February. (WHICH)
42. Mrs. Mai is an engineer. She lives in Ho Chi Minh City. (WHO)
43. She can’t buy a new car. Because she don’t have enough money. (IF)
44. In spite of his broken leg, he managed to get out of the car. (ALTHOUGH)
Đáp án đề thi giữa học kì 2 lớp 9 môn tiếng Anh 2017 – THCS Tuy An
PHẦN I: TRẮC NGHIỆM (8 ĐIỂM): 0,2 Đ/1 Đ.ÁN ĐÚNG.
PHẦN II: TỰ LUẬN (2 ĐIỂM): 0,5Đ/ 1 Đ.ÁN ĐÚNG.
- 1. Tet, which occurs in late January or early February, is a festival.
- 2. Mrs. Mai, who lives in Ho Chi Minh City, is an engineer.
- 3. If she has enough money, she will buy a new car.
- 4. Although his leg was broken, he managed to get out of the car.